Thursday, July 8, 2010

Non-Resident Concealed Weapon Permits

After I read a NY Times story on Utah's non-resident concealed weapon permits, I decided to investigate how many other states issue non-resident permits. I came across a website that listed some states, and made calls to the issuing agencies in those states. I was able to confirm that twenty-two of the twenty-three listed states do in fact issue non-resident permits. The only state on the list from which I heard a "no" was Maryland. The "no" could be suspect because the person to whom my query was directed was hostile to my question. Not sure why.

Here are the states: Arizona, Connecticut, Florida, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa (if you have to conduct business in the state), Maine, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nevada, New Jersey, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Oregon (residents of contiguous states), Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina (need to own property in the state),Texas, Utah, Virginia and Washington.

For permit reciprocity among states, go here.

No comments: